The ferry runs from French Creek Harbour on Vancouver Island to False Bay on Lasqueti Island. Pay parking is available at the marina. The trip takes from 50 minutes to over an hour (in rough waters). Passengers and freight only - no cars!
No smoking anywhere on vessel - this includes e-cigarettes
(This is a BC Ferries policy - electronic cigarettes are considered to be smoking.)
- All dogs must be on a leash.
- The ferry does not wait for buses arriving at French Creek.
- Sailings are generally canceled when winds exceed 40knots (check the marine weather).
- The ferry service is run by Western Pacific Marine for BC Ferries
- Ferry schedule & fares available from Western Pacific Marine
- Phone: (250) 333-8787
- Check Ferry's current location at MarineTraffic.com
Baggage & Freight
Personal baggage limits of 100lbs or 5 cubic ft. may include groceries, feed, or seed, but not hardware items such as chainsaws, etc. No dangerous cargo is permitted.
Freight capacity is limited.All freight and excess personal baggage must be approved by the crew prior to loading. Maximum freight length cannot exceed 14'6".
Freight traveling unattended must display owner's name - unidentified freight will not be carried. Unattended freight must be paid in advance or upon delivery.
Please check westernpacificmarine.com for freight rates. For bulk or heavy items, see Freight & Barges).
On the days of anticipated heavy loads, boarding passes will be hung on the posts at each terminal. Passengers must be on board ship 15 minutes prior to sailing to ensure passage (even with a boarding pass).
If 10 or more passengers are left on the last sailing of the day, from either terminal, an extra run will be made. Passengers will be required to prepay their fare, which is non-refundable.